Friday, April 8, 2016

Tas Philas and Tomato Stakes

I'm reminded of a song......

 there'd be days like this mama said...

What to do on the days that are just overwhelming?  

On this day I have stolen ipods from my classroom, end of quarter data due, report cards due and I'm taking calls from CGM manufactures and Insurance companies with 24 6/7 year olds at my feet.  As I jot down the figures of cost now,  cost per month, and then I watch the video for how to attach a little mechanical bug to ones abdomen.... the pressure in my chest is heavy.  It's too much for the oils to handle!  I begin to leak from my eyes.

I feel God holding me up. I know He's there but I'm so sad. So, so sad that all this is happening.
So sad for my baby Rae of Sunshine.... wishing and praying still that it will be lifted from her.  Still knowing that He will take her through it.    I am such a planner.  Obsessively so, some would say.  I didn't plan this. I didn't plan for this, and I don't want it for her.  Such a long term pain in the ***.

So what does one do when this happens?  A good cry,  some hot tea and a text message out to the group labeled "prayer warriors."

Many years ago my bible study group did a Beth Moore study called Living Beyond Yourself.  In this study Beth introduced us to Tas Philas- girlfriends=girlfriend love.   We took that idea along with another story we had heard about Tomato Stakes.  Sometimes there are "days like this" and we need the  "Tas Philas" to be our tomato stakes when we can't pray for ourselves, to hold us up when we have no power to stand on our own. We even had tee shirts made with tomato stakes and Tas Philas written under it.

It reminds me of when Moses had to have his arms held up because he realized as long as he did that the Israelites prevailed in battle but if he dropped his arms the battle would turn.  Exodus 17:12

I think it's a lesson in how much we need others.  How exhausting life is. How there will be days like this but hopefully not too many.  I am very thankful for my Tas Philas/Prayer Warriors.  I'm still sad and I know there will be more days like this and I know what I will do.

One of my Tas Philas' (Lil's mom) words..."I think I cried every day for the first year! It's okay and just how we cope some days.  Find some scripture to feed your soul and get some rest. It always helps!"


No comments:

Post a Comment