Sunday, April 10, 2016

A Lovely Day for a Walk

Today I joined the First ever New River Valley JDRF Walk.  It was awesome to be part of the "First" walk in Blacksburg and to meet some new people.  
                                                          I walked with Sharon and the weather turned out nice!  (so glad the walk wasn't yesterday in the snow!)
The group was small but I am sure it will grow in the years to come.
Leah's Blacksburg Doctor was there.  He always makes me feel so much better! He is convinced there is a cure around the corner and that Leah is a Rock Star with how well she is managing!

Sharon and I walked and talked and reflected on raising children.  Driving home I started thinking about a CD that we just about wore out when Ryan and Leah were little called Scripture Rock.  I couldn't believe I found exactly the song on you tube that had popped in my head.  (coincidence?  I think not...)  This is my favorite scripture and brings back such sweet memories of driving my red Toyota Van around with babies in the back.   Parenting is such a challenge some days and parenting adult children is an adjustment.  Sometime ya just gotta Trust..... 

                              



No comments:

Post a Comment