Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Inclusion Day @ McHarg


Inclusion Day @ McHarg


John 3:16 For God so loved (all) the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
--------------------------------
My first day back with kids today and it was a special day called "Inclusion Day".  We rotated through stations to experience music therapy, adaptive PE, Occupational Therapy tools in art class.  We also had two student ambassadors with disabilities  to share.   

My sweet (T1D) Lillee who was in my classroom several years ago taught in her mom's class about diabetes for Inclusion Day. She also came to my class to help me explain what happened to Leah and why I had to miss so many days of school.  (kind of another "God-incidence" that this was my first day back with them) They were sweet, interested and seemed very happy to have me back. (my co-teacher especially!)  Lil brought a water jug that she has put sharps in.  It is amazing to see.  Full of that many injections. .... but I have an oil for that !!!!

It was good to be back in my routine but I was still distracted most of the day.

We are in the process of talking to companies about a CGM (continuous glucose monitor).  The bad news is that it will interfere with her Fitbit (bluetooth) but we may have found a work around.
;o) thx Nana.....

I ran across this on Facebook. Amazing how  spot on this is only three week in..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment